Friday, December 08, 2006

Hot Apple Cider

This recipe has become a favorite of our family! It is perfect when you are expecting company, on a cold night, a family night, or just when you feel like something "out of the ordinary".
I like to make it a few hours before we want it (if possible), that way it has longer to steep. It also makes the house smell really good while it is cooking! The recipe is as follows:

1/2 gallon cranberry juice
1 gallon apple juice
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cinnamon stick

Mix all ingredients in crock pot. Cook on high for one hour, then turn down on low to keep it hot. If you have leftovers, you can refrigerate them. Make sure you take the cinnamon stick out of the leftovers before you store it! Otherwise, the cinnamon taste takes over. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Kaity Gellos said...

Krissy,

Is this the beverage that you made when we had the get-together at your house? We'll have to try it here sometime.

-Kaity

Krissy Cooper said...

Kaity,

Yes, it is the same 'stuff'! => I have cut all the amounts in half before when we don't want leftovers. It works well that way. I used a regular size batch when you and Sikma's were over, and we had plenty, plus leftovers.

Have a good day,
krissy

Krissy Cooper said...

Kaity,

I was thinking of posting that bread recipe I gave to Mrs. Ballenger (the one we had when all of you came over). Do you think I should add the flour measurement too, or not worry about it? => Thanks for your advice, :-)
krissy

Kaity Gellos said...

Krissy,

Haha - I think it would be most helpful if we had the flour measurement added in! The bread may turn out a little uhhm....
"interesting" without it. :-)

I think that is a good idea to post the recipe! I was going to ask for it anyway, and this way we will all be able to enjoy it.

Thanks.
Kaity

Krissy Cooper said...

Okay, I'll try to post the bread recipe today, but if I don't get a chance, I'll do it Monday.
-krissy

Unknown said...

Krissy,
Sounds REALLY good! I'm going to have several recipes to try! :)

Anonymous said...

Krissy-

I think I had this at your house before but I really like cider! I agree with abbie! I will be looking on this blog more often.