Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oatmeal Banana Bread

Don't know what to do with REALLY ripe bananas? This bread came out very moist and very delicious, and is perfect for those old, browning bananas!!! I hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
2/3 cup oil (other alternatives would be applesauce or shortening)
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
5 bananas  ripe bananas. (the more ripe they are, the better the bread is!)

Directions:
Cream together oil and sugar. add eggs and beat well. Sift together dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with banana, beating well after each addition. Stir in walnuts and oatmeal. Pour into two well greased and floured loaf pans. (We found that flouring the pans makes the bread MUCH easier coming out)
Bake at 350* for 45 minutes.

Another Option:
Include some chocolate chips in the batter for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Bread

Steph

1 comment:

Eden said...

Regarding your comment on my blog....I replied back to it... and here it is!

@Stephey: Hey! I was just adding that to my "Blog Goal" list today! That's so funny! I had the same idea and have been thinking about it all evening.... and then when I saw your comment...I knew I had to do it!!!!

Thanks so much!!
~Eden