Monday, November 19, 2007

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

I recently made this for "Pumpkin Night" at our church. I had several people ask me for the recipe. Very easy to make!

1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 box white cake mix
1 c. walnuts
1 stick butter, melted

Mix pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour into greased 9 in. x 13 in. pan. Sprinkle cake mix on top of mixture, then nuts on top of cake mix. Drizzle melted butter over all. Bake at 350* for 1 hour. Cool, then frost.

Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip

Beat cream cheese. Add other ingredients and beat again. Frost cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, thanks! I think this was the biggest hit there! I think this would go first, then Granny's cake, then our popcorn balls! Oh yeah, couple of people asked for this recipes too I'll send it to you so you can post it! Steph

P.S. sorry I missed you at violin lessons today!? See ya Wed. I'm playing right?