2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 vegetable oil
3/4 cups buttermilk (3/4 cup milk and 3/4 tablespoons lemon juice)
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and mix well. Stir in vegetable oil. Add buttermilk and stir until blended.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Roll dough into a 15 x 8-inch rectangle.
3. Preheat oven to 400*F. Grease a 9-inch round baking pan.
4. Spread butter over the dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over butter. Roll up rectangle, jelly roll fashion starting from one long side. Pinch seam to seal.
5. Cut the roll into 1 1/2-inch slices, cut-side up, in prepared baking pan. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven. Pour milk over the top if desired. Serve hot (you can microwave leftovers for about 10 seconds to make them soft again).
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
We usually make two batches of these for our family of 10. I wouldn't suggest doubling the recipe; it would probably be better to make two separate batches. Also, we like to mix powdered sugar and milk to make an icing and put over them instead of milk. Enjoy! ~Krissy