1/2 head of red/green cabbage
4 carrots (washed- peeled optional)
3 celery stalks (washed)
2 medium onions
1 medium zucchini
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1 lg. can tomato juice
1 small can tomato paste
1 14-15 oz. can chicken or beef broth
1/2 tsp oregano
- Shred Cabbage
- Chop all veggies very small
- Take olive oil- heat in fry pan- saute' garlic cloves in oil (we use our Pampered Chef Garlic Press)
- Add chopped veggies and saute' with the garlic
- When veggies are soft add all ingredients to a lg. 8-10 quart dutch oven including cabbage and juices.
- Everything should be covered- if not- add water to cover the rest.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Let simmer 4-5 hours. (or in crock pot all day.) This does take a while to simmer or put in the crock pot so it is best if you make it the day before.
Serves: 6-8 with leftovers and 10-12 without.
Prep time: 20 minutes.