Wednesday, October 17, 2007



Zebra Butter Cookies
-
Ingredients:
1-1/4 cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup baking cocoa

DIRECTIONS:
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Add cocoa to one half; mix well. Roll each half between waxed paper into a 9-in. square. Cut both squares into three 3-in. strips. Cut the strips in half lengthwise to make six 4-1/2-in. x 3-in. rectangles. Place one cream-colored rectangle on a large piece of plastic wrap; top with a chocolate rectangle. Repeat layers twice. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Unwrap and cut widthwise into eighteen 1/4-in. slices. Cut each slice with a horse-shaped cookie cutter dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen
------------------------------------------

I also have just done squares. But this last time I made them, I did pinwheels! You just roll the dough out long and then roll it up, like a log! Put it in the fridge for 2 hours... then take out and slice! It works great! And tastes the same! :)

5 comments:

Krissy Cooper said...

Looks good, Em! I'll have to try them...

Anonymous said...

Look great! I love butter cookies. It does not look like they have milk either! Thanks for the recipe!

:)Steph

Anonymous said...

Abbie-

I have the recipe for the peanut butter balls... would you mabey post it on the blog? I know I have not posted anything in a couple months, if that would be alright with you? I could give it to Krissy to post if you'd like? Let me know. Thanks!
:-)steph

Unknown said...

Stepheny, email it any time! I'll be more than willing to post...sorry I haven't gotten to the others yet....see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Thanks,Abbie! I will give them to you this afternoon. That's alright. I just wanted to make sure you got them. Thanks again!

:-)steph