Thursday, October 25, 2007

Napkin Folding

I enjoy folding napkins in a different way when we have special occasions such as birthdays or anniversaries. This one is one of my favorites.


~The Crown~

First, fold your napkin in half.


Now, take the top left corner and fold it down.

Take the bottom right corner and fold it up.

It should look like this.


Now, turn it so it looks like this!


Turn it over


Take the bottom edge and fold it up, but leave the little point there as illustrated.

Flip it over so it appears as shown



Now, take the left side and pull up the right point and put it in there.

Like this!

This is how it should look!

Now, take the other point and tuck it in.

This is how the finished napkin should look.

The more you do, the faster you get!

If you need any additional pictures or instructions, please comment and I'll try to get back to you!



Thanks to Andrew Sikma for taking pictures!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is REALLY neat! Guess meal time never gets boring with you in the house! Thanks-- now my family will have to deal with me doing ALL this creative stuff! :))

Stepheny

P.S. Do you know where you got those napkins? Mom has been looking for some nice ones like that. Sorry, I know I've been bugging you alot latly! :(

Anonymous said...

Very nice! What an interesting post!

Emily Thacker said...

Abbie, That is so neat! Do you have any other ways to fold napkins? We have cloth ones but never know how to fold them! The pictures to illustrate it is a great idea too! I probably would not have gotten it if you had just typed it out with no pics!! I'll have to try that soon! (Hey, maybe next Sat. - Kaity's Birthday!)
-Emily

Krissy Cooper said...

Very neat! I'll have to try that! Thanks for all the pictures; that will be really helpful.

The colors in your shirt are really pretty! I like it. :-)

Unknown said...

Emily~I'm going to try to post another sometime this week but we'll see how busy I get! :)

Unknown said...

Sure Steph, Ebay! The lady we got them from had lots. She had a couple auctions with 100 napkins! We didn't need quite that many and got 20 blue and 20 red! They are restaurant quality and never wrinkle! Wonderful! :)