Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Feather-Light Muffins
-
Ingredients:
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
4 1/2 cups flour
4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 cup milk
-
Topping:
1 1/2 cup sugar, 3 tsp cinnamon, 1 stick marg. or butter.
-
Directions:
Cream shortening, sugar, and egg. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fill greased muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes - or until golden. Let cool for 3-4 min. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll warm muffins in melted butter, then in sugar mix. (top of muffins onlt) Serve warm! Yield 24-30 mufffins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made these this morning since Grandpa and Grandma were going to be here. These muffins are very good served with a cold glass of milk. Hope you all enjoy!
~ Emily McDonnell

4 comments:

Krissy Cooper said...

Oh, those sounds really good! I might try them today if I have time...

Abbie Sikma said...

Oh my, these sound really good! I'll have to try them soon!

stepheny weaver said...

these sond really good! I'll have to make them for my dad; he loves muffins.

- steph

Krissy Cooper said...

I tried these today, Emily. They were SO good! Everyone loved them! Thanks for posting.