Thursday, August 23, 2007

Chocolate Scotcheroos

Chocolate Scotcheroos
-
Ingredients:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
-
Directions:
Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan.
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and corn syrup, and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat, and stir in peanut butter. Mix in the rice cereal until evenly coated. Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
In a glass bowl in the microwave, melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips, stirring occasionally until smooth and well blended. Spread over the top of the bars. Chill until set, then cut into bars
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I first ate these at my Aunt Beth's house a year or two ago, and I fell in love with them! Then a few months ago when we were having company I thought of them, so I looked them up... And here's the recipe for them! :) I hope you all enjoy it as much as I do! Its a rare treat! You can also instead of putting it into a 13x9 inch pan, put on a cookie sheet! That works too! Well hope you all have a great week!
-Emily McD.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmmm...sounds so very yummy!!! I'm going to post a "s'mores" recipe soon that is wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

These sound really good Emily! I have so new many recipes to try, I will be in the kitchen all the time. Thanks For All The Posts.

Krissy will be posting some for me.

-Steph