Friday, May 04, 2007

Italian Chicken

This has been a traditional week-day meal in our house for years. It’s a “quick fix” with few ingredients, and can be prepared in advance (which is wonderful on a busy day). Rice and fresh steamed broccoli are great side dishes to serve with this meal. Enjoy!

Italian Chicken
Compliments of Rebecca Wesco
6 lbs. boneless, skinless, Chicken breasts or tenders
1-2 bottles of Italian dressing
In medium saucepan boil chicken in water just until done.
Place in glass casserole dish and pour Italian dressing over top.
Cover with foil and bake at 350˚F for 15-30 minutes.
Servings: 10

Extra tips:
1.) It’s best to simmer the chicken for a couple of hours instead of boiling it on high. By boiling it quickly it may get tough; although, with chicken tenders it isn’t as big of a deal.
2.) On days where I might not be home to prepare something for dinner, I often cook it in a crock pot for about 4-6 hours as an alternative to baking it in the oven. We like making it this way best because it allows the dressing to really cook into the chicken.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks Great, Karisse! I think I might try this when the baby is born. It sounds nice and simple!

Thanks!!!

Krissy Cooper said...

That looks very good! Thanks for posting! I need to get busy posting my recipes... :)

Krissy Cooper said...

Abbie,

Where did all the stuff go that was on the side?? Just wondering...

Unknown said...

Krissy,
Stuff??? What stuff?? Nothing is missing on my computer.

Krissy Cooper said...

The contributors list and links and "stuff". :-) I did find it though; it is at the bottom of the page for some reason. I don't know why??

Krissy Cooper said...

It's fixed!

Thank you for adding the KitchenArt link!