Ahhh - I'm getting eager for Spring and warmer weather again, aren't you? Time for gardens, which means fresh produce, which should make for some fun posts!
-
This cookie recipe is a family favorite. As the name suggests, they are indeed soft and chewy! Liz and I were making some last night (for someone else) and it took all of our "methods of distraction" to keep the guys out of them.
Have a happy day! -Kaity
-
Chewy Ginger Cookies
1 1/2 cups shortening
2 1/2 cups sugar, divided
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cloves
-
In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and 2 cups sugar. Add eggs, molasses and vanilla and mix well. Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Roll into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in remaining sugar. Place on baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.

Those sound really good, Kaity! I think we have all the ingredients, so maybe I can make some this afternoon!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recipe,
Krissy